Foster carers provide children who can’t live with their own families a safe, secure and stable home for them to live, develop and thrive. This could be for a few days, months, years or more permanently until they reach adulthood. Children may need to be in foster care at any age during their childhood; from birth to eighteen.
Sutton are recruiting for more foster carers to care for the children in our borough. We are particularly in need of people who would like to care for teenagers and sibling groups.
Foster carers do not need to have specific professional qualifications although it is preferable that you have some childcare experience
We want to hear from you if you:
- have a passion for caring for children
- have a good sense of humour
- possess a sense of emotional resilience and patience
- are able to work with a range of different people as a part of a team
- are over 21
- have a spare room
- have basic computer skills
- do not have any criminal convictions/cautions against children
- have an established support network